domingo, 18 de diciembre de 2016

Year review 2016

This year I used my laptop like 10 days, mostly for planning complex trips on Google Maps, because of the external monitor.

Which means I am basically at one phone video interface from bringing my laptop to the recycling center. USB-C probably.

Firefox OS is dead. Makes sense given that Mozilla can barely keep up maintaining Firefox relevant.

Looking forward to see Ubuntu Phone becoming relevant.






Which will happen only if they actually sell some phone with Ubuntu Phone on it.

Internet Explorer 11 is the only IE above 0.5 % of market share. The dreamed app-capable Web is here.

Disproportionate ads are slowly but surely ruining my experience on iPhone. Will give a chance to an Android + Firefox + uBlock Origin soon.

Sigh, no VP9 for WebRTC on Firefox yet. Everytime I videocall on Hangouts my battery not only gets hot, but *inflates*. Time to try those video calls on Slack I guess.

Yeah, Slack app is built on JavaScript-based Electron. 🤘

Angular 2 will be soon everywhere. I hope ECMAScript stays close to TypeScript, and browsers close to ECMAScript. Otherwise multi megabyte downloads will be necessary for every web app ... and that will justify a second wave of mobile app worship.

Guessing 2017 will bring more USB-C phones and JS (web and native) applications.

The title of this blog does not make sense anymore. Should rename it or start a new one.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario